The Post-Coronavirus Era
There is no talk today in electronic newspapers, social media platforms, or even telephone conversations except about Coronavirus, the rapidly spreading disease. In December 2019, China announced the first infection with the Coronavirus, not too long until we heard about the complete closure of the city of Wuhan, in China, the epicenter of the outbreak. It is only a few days, until the virus began spreading to other cities of the world, not surprising considering that this world has become a small village. China has bypassed this virus by taking strict precautionary measures until it announced on the 24th of March 2020 the control of the virus outbreak. However, the virus had spread throughout the world. The world today lives in a state of reaction to this virus by taking precautionary measures to control the virus and prevent its spread. Many people around the world have been surprised by the rapid spread and strength of the virus and many countries have prepared to find ways to prevent the virus until the countries are almost completely isolated with the closure of many airports, and flight suspensions to the extent where some countries are curfew.
What is worth thinking about here is how the world is going to look like after the coronavirus crisis. Among all epidemic crisis in the history, the covid-19 proved to be the strongest in terms of its economic, political and social impacts, on top of which is health
However, history confirms that this crisis will leave a huge impact, but will the world be as it was before the Corona crisis? The question here arises, as many countries of the world have proved capabilities that were still reserved, such as remote work or working from home, online education and complete closure of certain economic activities.
Corona’s crisis will produce many innovations as scientists are Working on developing counter medications and treatments, but the Corona crisis will not stop at the limit of medical innovations, but also in business. Companies will compete in devising ways and methods of doing business that were not previously known, but these methods will become the new style of doing business. Products and services that were not previously known will emerge. The world will surpass the coronavirus crisis, but the world will wake up to an era that we do not yet know. Here are some of the changes that can result from the coronavirus crisis.
- In the economic field, experts believe that the “economic globalization and supply chain” may be replaced by local ones, which may revitalize local economies and have an impact on small businesses, but prices may change as a result.
- Many innovations will emerge as a result of local needs for products and services that replace services provided by international companies, in addition to other innovations that will emerge as solutions to avoid the effects of the crisis.
- As for the political field, countries have proven their competence in managing crises, while other countries -that has always shown superior and control have failed contain the crisis.
- The crisis will clarify the false allegations of some countries in front of their citizens regarding human rights, as it has not been able to meet the most basic human needs in difficult times while other countries appear more efficient and caring for humanitarian issues.
- As for technology, countries have tested their capabilities and technological capabilities. Countries with a strong technological infrastructure have managed to avoid the repercussions of the crisis through remote work, distance education and the like. As for countries that have failed, the impact of the crisis may extend with it for years to come.
History will capture many stories and victories for countries and nations that have managed to overcome the crisis, and those countries will write the future and look for it with their capabilities and capabilities